For the good of us all.
At the Community Foundation for Mason County (CFMC), we collaborate with donors, grantees, advisors and individuals to identify issues that are important to our communities. By bringing people together around a common mission and creating links between resources and your vision for the future, we help to ensure that our communities remain vital and strong.
Every year, we award grants and scholarships that benefit students, youth, education, the arts, community development, the environment, health and human services, and emerging community needs. Projects we’ve supported, such as the City of Ludington Pickleball Courts, Lakeshore Resource Network, Rotary Park, Sandcastles Children’s Museum and so many more, continue to enhance life throughout Mason County.
The Community Foundation for Mason County operates as an affiliate of the Community Foundation for Muskegon County.
We’re Part of the Community We Serve
As residents of the broader Mason County community, our Board members and staff have knowledge, understanding, and insight into our community and its concerns. Highly engaged as residents and volunteers, they guide the work of the Foundation and serve in leadership roles in community organizations.
The Generosity of Our Donors
Our work is only possible because of generous donors who share our love for this community. Whether it’s an unexpected bequest or a small, year-end donation, every gift makes a difference. By carefully investing these gifts for growth, we’re able to continue making grants that provide a lasting, positive impact on our community.
To engage donors and connect them with opportunities to make a lasting impact, build community endowment, provide leadership on key issues, and make grants that reflect the communities we serve.
Be a leader in community philanthropy to build a vibrant community with great opportunities for all.
In meeting community needs, the Community Foundation for Mason County adheres to the following operating principles:
- To respect the stated charitable intent of all donors
- To emphasize and promote a long-term perspective toward community betterment and a flexibility to meet immediate needs with an emphasis on the nonprofit sector
- To reflect in Foundation activities and in Board membership the diversity of community issues
- To maintain independence, integrity, and objectivity in Foundation pursuits
- To emphasize a proactive posture and to focus on the prevention of problems, as well as on their cure
- To assume the operation of Foundation-funded programs when no other qualified institution exists to do so
2016 Community Foundation for Mason County highlights include:
- $1,029,238 in gifts and grants received
- Grants awarded totaling $1,013,257
- $40,730 in scholarships awarded
- 349 new donors
- 24 people honored or memorialized with gifts to the Foundation
- 8 new named funds created
- $4,361 in grants awarded by the Youth Advisory Council
- $14,352,543 total assets
You Can Give
There are three ways to get started: You can join others to make an impact, start a fund of your own, or make plans to leave a legacy.Learn More
Recent Scholarship Recipients
View a complete listing of recently awarded scholarships, including the recipient and amount awarded for each scholarship.Learn More
Every gift makes a difference.
Where and how is up to you.