Mason County Awards Teacher Mini-Grants
The Youth Advisory Council of the Community Foundation for Mason County recently approved 13 Teacher Mini-Grant Awards to educators and counselors across Mason County. A total of $5,195 was awarded from the Youth Advisory Council fund through the competitive application process.
Highlights of the grants awarded include:
- Covenant Christian Schools received a grant of $500 to purchase waterproof outerwear to expand outdoor educational opportunities for their preschool and kindergarten students.
- Ludington Area Catholic Schools received a grant of $121 to purchase resources to implement social-emotional learning activities in their elementary school.
- Ludington Area Schools was awarded five grants totaling $1,886 to support various STEAM projects, including the purchase of 3D printer pens for the middle school.
- Mason County Central Schools received four grants totaling $1,714 to expand book offerings in middle and high school classrooms, support a bullying prevention program at the elementary level, and provide additional resources in the sensory room in Scottville Elementary.
- West Shore Educational Service District was awarded two grants of $974 to provide calming sensory resources in classrooms that support students with disabilities.
“The Youth Advisory Council relishes the opportunity each year to review applications from school staff across the county,” said Monique Selimos, Youth Advisory Council advisor. “They leave the grant review meeting feeling inspired by our local educators and grateful to play a role in bringing these important projects to life.”
A complete list of fall 2021 grant awards is available at https://mason-foundation.org/grants/past-grant-awards/.
Teacher Mini-Grant applications are accepted annually in September. Public and private school teachers and counselors in Mason County who are interested in seeking grant support from the Community Foundation are encouraged to visit https://mason-foundation.org/grants/applying-for-a-grant/ for additional information about the process.