Mason County 2021 Fall Grant Awards
The advisory board of the Community Foundation for Mason County recently approved grant awards to a variety of community organizations in support of projects throughout Mason County.
A total of $56,892 was awarded from Unrestricted and Field of Interest Funds through the competitive application process, overseen by the grant committee of the Community Foundation advisory board.
Highlights of the grants awarded include:
- The City of Scottville received a grant of $30,000 to support the Scottville Optimist Park & Sculpture project.
- Pere Marquette Charter Township received a grant of $10,800 to provide restoration of electrical power at the former Dow AC Park site to make available for Mason County recreation needs.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum was awarded $5,000 to design and build 3D workshops on 3D printers.
- Spectrum Health Foundation received a grant of $5,000 to support a culinary medicine program.
- Friends of the Ludington State Park was awarded a grant of $5,000 to provide a track chair at the Ludington State Park.
“Our grants connect our donors and nonprofits around a common desire to build a stronger community,” said Andrea Large, Community Foundation executive director.
A complete list of fall 2021 grant awards is available at https://mason-foundation.org/grants/past-grant-awards/.
Grant applications are accepted twice each year, once in the spring and again in the fall. Nonprofit organizations interested in seeking grant support from the Community Foundation are encouraged to visit https://mason-foundation.org/grants/applying-for-a-grant/ for additional information about the process.