Community Foundation for Mason County Awards Spring Grants
The Advisory Board of the Community Foundation for Mason County recently approved grant awards to a variety of community organizations in support of projects throughout Mason County. A total of $64,350 was awarded from Unrestricted and Field of Interest Funds through the competitive application process, overseen by the grant committee and the Community Foundation Advisory Board.
Grants Awarded Highlights:
- Lakeshore Food Club received a grant of $10,000 to provide pre-portioned healthy meal kits along with tools to prepare the meal, if needed.
- Habitat for Humanity of Mason County received a grant of $8,000 to provide funding for home repairs.
- City of Scottville was awarded $7,000 to stop erosion of the riverbank of the Pere Marquette River at Scottville Riverside Park by placing fieldstone and tree logs along the bank.
- PoWer! Book Bags received a grant of $3,000 to provide literacy supplies for families in need.
- Friends of Ludington State Park was awarded a grant of $5,000 to provide a universal design kayak/canoe launch at Ludington State Park.
“Our grants connect our donors and nonprofits around a common desire to build a stronger community,” said Andrea Large, Community Foundation executive director.
A complete list of spring 2021 grant awards is available here.
Grant applications are accepted twice each year, once in the spring and again in the fall. Nonprofit organizations interested in seeking grant support from the Community Foundation are encouraged to look here for additional information about the process.